Thursday, December 31, 2009

Maximizing The Holidays...

Happy New Year!

Several hours from now, we would be flipping the page of a
wonderfully
challenging year that brought us great positive
transformation on all
levels.

Time flies.

As we confidently look forward to bigger times ahead, ask yourself:
“Am I really ready?”, “What else do I need to do to get ahead?”

Well, the holidays will be over sooner than you know it. And as
Louis Pasteur put it, “Chance favours the prepared mind.”

Yes, it’s still the holidays, so enjoy but make time. Try to use the
next three days to reflect… regroup… and reinforce.

REFLECT. Do a personal assessment on yourself. Ask questions
like… “Have I accomplished what I set out for the year?”, “Where
do I stand now?”, “What did I do wrong that delayed or blew up
projects?”, “What did I do right that made me not only attain goals
brilliantly but opened up opportunities for myself and the
company?”,
“How would I like the coming year to be?”, “Am I
equipped to take on
more?”.

“If the axe is dull and its edge unsharpened, more strength is
needed but skill will bring success.” - Eccl. 10:10

Write down objectives and carefully analyze what you have.

REGROUP. Once you have determined your objectives and
checked on your resources, lay out your strategies for the coming
year. Break it up on a quarterly basis, better yet, on a monthly
basis. Plan. Plan. Plan.

“If I had eight hours to chop down a tree, I would use 6 hours
sharpening my axe.” ~ Abraham Lincoln

Planning is key to success.

REINFORCE. Strengthening your plans and resolve would be
more effective if you ask for honest opinions.

“As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.”
~ Proverbs 27:17

Do not leave any stone unturned. Check and recheck. Understand
that no matter how good you are, still, nobody is perfect. Humility
then would serve you well. And bear in mind to keep your plans
flexible with contingency measures at hand. Realize that we may
be able to foresee the future but not the exact future, so listen.
Keep your eyes and ears open. Watch out for signals. And be
ready to decide and act.

Lastly, do not forget to pray.

“Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will
succeed.”
~ Proverbs 16:3

On to the Future!

Remember…
“Maximizing the holidays can bring real benefits, it’s just a matter of desire."

No comments: